Life's like that!

November 21, 2011

Skit: Why Are You Late?

Source: http://www.boyscouttrail.com/content/skit/why_are_you_late-1384.asp

Required: 5 students

Script: The setting is an office where the boss is grumpily waiting for the workers to arrive.

(first worker comes onstage)
Boss: Why are you late?
Worker #1: Sorry, Boss. My car broke down, so I took the bus. But the bus driver had a wreck, so I hailed a cab. But it broke down, too. Luckily, I was near a stable so I borrowed a horse. But it ran so fast it had a heart attack and collapsed. I had to jog the rest of the way!

(Workers 2 and 3 come in late with exactly the same excuse, word for word. The boss becomes more frustrated each time, until #4 finally comes in.)

Boss: Why are you late? No, wait. Let me guess. Your car broke down, so you took the bus. But the bus had a wreck, so you took a cab. And it broke down too. You were near a stable so you borrowed a horse, but it ran so fast it had a heart attack and collapsed, so you had to jog the rest of the way, right?

Worker #4: No, Boss, you got it all wrong! The streets were so crowded with broken down cars, buses and cabs, dead horses, and crazy joggers that I couldn't get through!

Labels: ,