Life's like that!

November 05, 2011

Subbing is Fun!

Yesterday, an elementary and middle school math teacher asked me to sub for her the whole day because she is traveling to Chicago to visit family.

Although I was supposed to be assisting first grade teachers from first through fourth period, I knew that they didn't need me because they had weekly assessments on Friday. So I agreed and she explained her lesson plans for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade math to me. I then called the first teachers to inform them that I won't be able to be with them because of that.

I subbed from first through fourth period and the last two periods. I had so much fun with the students that I told them if they want me to sub for the teacher again, they better behave themselves. At the end of the period, I gave them a treat for good behavior.

During my free time from fifth to sixth period, I took photos of student work in Pre-K and kindergarten. I even got to hang out with two fabulous teachers in the teachers' lounge and have lunch with them!

I didn't think that I would miss being in the classroom this much since I came back to work. Allah SWT willing I hope I will have opportunities to sub for this teacher again.

Labels: