Life's like that!

June 15, 2008

I'm in love with Coffee Prince!

(image from tagadavao.wordpress.com)

Just before I went to Albuquerque, New Mexico with my daughter, my sister and her two kids, I've been watching this 17 episodes Korean romantic-comedy drama "Coffee Prince" and absolutely fall in love with the plot and the cast.

I watched the whole drama in Korean and read the English subtitles. The lead actress, Yoon Eun Hye as Go Eun Chan, is really a talented artist. Her on-screen chemistry with the lead actor, Gong Yoo as Choi Han Kyul, is very believable. To me, the most heartbreaking scene between these two actors is the one that takes place on the 2nd floor balcony at the coffee shop. After he found out that he has fallen madly in love with a women and not a man (since she lied to him about her gender), he told her to quit her job as a barista and she pleads with him to continue seeing her.

Yoon (crying):
I didn't have the courage. I didn't want to get dumped...

I wanted to tell you, but if I told you... I was afraid you wouldn't see me again.

The reason why I'm telling you now is that I want you to see me as a woman.

I'm really sorry. I know I was wrong, but I...

I like you. I love you.

If you tell me to quit, I'll quit.

If you don't want to see me... Can't we just see each other?

Choi: I don't have the courage to see you anymore. I don't know who you are...."

You can see the whole episode on youtube http://youtube.com/watch?v=hOIGkVvjyQY