Life's like that!

December 14, 2008

Agony... for my mother

Two weeks ago, my mother called me on the phone and said that she wants to see me and wants me to go back to Singapore to stay for at least 1 year. She said that if I were to decide to do so, she will provide free lodging and meal for me and daughter.

I truly miss her, and want to spend time with her. I wish I could be there to take her out sightseeing, tend to her garden, and clean her place for her. She is already 61 years old, and she misses hanging out with me.

Sigh... my heart aches at the thought that I will not be able to fulfill her wish at this time. Husband and I, although married for six years, we are still not at the stage where we want to get away from each other. In fact we could hardly stay away from each other. Also daughter is still young and I don't want her to miss her father for one whole year. Anyway husband said that if I were to go back to Singapore, daughter will stay in the US with him. (There is a limit for his undying love and attachment to me but not to daughter...)

Just checked the airline ticket price and it'll cost me US$3000 to fly back to Singapore, which is a sum of money that I rather put away for emergency use.

Agony... is such a bittersweet word....