Life's like that!

June 02, 2009

Salad for Summer

I used to wonder why people lose their appetite during summer while they gain weight in winter.

Now I know.

Since the temperature started to rise above 75 degrees F two weeks ago, I just don't feel like eating. All I want to eat is ice cream, ice cubes and drink ice water to keep myself cool.

Yesterday's high temperature was 90, and I just couldn't make myself stand in front of the hot stove to stir fry for 10 minutes. So for lunch I prepared a cucumber, corn and tomato salad for daughter and I.

I never thought that this type of salad can be so filling! And eating lots of veggies actually helped to cool my body temperature down.

All praise be to Allah SWT it's a good thing that I can get cheap and fresh veggies at the Bedford Farmer's Market. I am definitely going to prepare more salad for lunch this summer.

Labels: