Life's like that!

July 28, 2009

Homemade Flour Tortillas

Last night I prepared a batch of flour tortilla dough and kept it overnight in the fridge.

This morning I left the dough out in room temperature for two hours before dividing it into small portions. This rolling pin was purchased at a vegetarian Indian grocery store for $3 in Irving. It is light-weight and so more useful to roll out small portions of dough.



In between rolling out dough balls, I cooked the flattened dough on a non-stick skillet on the stove. I love the brown spots on these tortillas.

The verdict? It taste so much more flavorful than store-bought ones, and I make about 15 flour tortillas for less than $1! Daughter keeps asking for more when she sees me making tortilla.

Allah SWT willing I will make corn+flour tortilla this week. I hope that one day I can make flour tortilla on an outdoor wood stove.

Labels: