Life's like that!

February 24, 2010

Grooming a Lady

I try to make it a habit every morning to brush daughter's hair. Now that it has grown to her armpit level, it tends to tangle easily if not brushed daily.

Allah SWT willing, I am trying to groom her into a lady as she grows up. I am grateful to my mother for being strict with our manners in front of other people. She always emphasizes that we should not disgrace her reputation outside the home. This makes me try to put on my best behavior.

As a mother myself, I can now identify my mother's hope for us to be the best in all areas (social, personal, spiritual etc.) that we can be. Even though she did not receive an education, she tried to guide us with good morals and encourages us to be around positive influences and good role models. Allah SWT willing I hope that I will have the same determination and preserverance to do so for daughter.

Labels: