Life's like that!

May 29, 2010

The Beginning of Cloth Diapers

Since yesterday I have been using cloth diapers for DD2. Now that she is 5 weeks old and I am feeling almost 100% back to normal, I feel that I want to start using washable cloth diapers instead of disposable ones. I am also using BumGenius to hold a cloth diaper in place and prevents the wet diaper from soaking through.

After soaking soiled ones with a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water, the cloth diapers all came out quite clean. I hang them on this cloth rack and they take about 3-4 hours to dry in the house. Allah SWT willing we will save about $40-$60 per month just by using cloth diapers. And since I am breastfeeding DD2, we don't need to budget for milk powder. All praise be to Allah SWT it is so much easier this time to take care of DD2.

Labels: