Life's like that!

May 09, 2010

Poem: I Thought Of You

When laboring DD2 became difficult and unbearable, I was praying so hard that Allah SWT give me a healthy baby. It didn't matter that I didn't get to have a VBAC or I have to undergo a painful recovery from a C-section, but the well-being of my baby came above everything else.

Just read this blog, 10 Centimeters and Beyond, by Nurse Lochia. I'm sorry to read about the loss of her fourth child during the 11th week of pregnancy. Here is poem that she wrote on her blog for her unborn child. I was crying as I was reading it earlier this morning.


I Thought of You

I thought of you and closed my eyes and prayed to God today.
I asked what makes a Mother and I know I heard him say.
A Mother has a baby this we know is true.
But God, can you be a Mother when your baby's not with you?
“ Yes, you can ” He replied with confidence in His voice
“I give many women babies; when they leave is not their choice.
Some I send for a lifetime and others for a day.
And some I send to feel your womb but there's no need to stay.”
I just don't understand this, God, I want my baby here.
He took a breath and cleared His throat and then I saw a tear.
"I wish I could show you what your child is doing today.
If you could see your child smile with other children and say"
"We go to earth and learn our lessons of love and life and fear.
My Mommy loved me oh so much I got to come straight here.
I feel so lucky to have a Mom who had so much love for me.
I learned my lesson very quickly. My Mommy set me free.
I miss my Mommy oh so much but I visit her each day.
When she goes to sleep, on her pillow's where I lay.
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek and whisper in her ear
"Mommy don’t be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm Here".
"So you see my dear sweet one, your child is OK.
Your baby is here in My home and this where she'll stay.
She'll wait for you with me until your lesson is through
And on the day that you come home she'll be at the gates for you.
So now you see what makes a Mother - it's the feeling in your heart.
It's the love you had so much of right from the very start

Labels: