Life's like that!

July 08, 2010

Where Are the Eggs?

The landlord is getting contractors to set up a concrete patio outside the kitchen door, and so the backyard is a bit of a mess right now. I have no idea why work has stopped for now, but I hope it will be done this weekend Allah SWT willing.
The new gals are adapting quite well in their condo unit in the quail house. Right now at 5 months old they are still chirping like birds. It will be interesting to see if they speak Hen language too when they start to lay eggs.


The ladies are not very happy about their territory being messed up like that. Their usual nesting box is not at its usual spot, and so they have not laid an egg for two days. For the last two days I walked around the backyard to see if there are any eggs but didn't find any. Hopefully they will settle down quickly and start laying soon. All praise be to Allah SWT I collected five quail eggs in the quail house yesterday. Apparently it is business as usual for the quails.

As usual the ladies come to the door every morning to ask for cracked corn. This morning two of them insisted that they eat cracked corn from my hand. I did that for 1 minute before tossing the rest on the ground.

In case they think they can start ordering me around to give them more goodies, I think I better let them know who's the boss lady around here.

Labels: