Life's like that!

October 14, 2010

Drama in the 4th grade classroom

When I start to work in the 4th grade classroom, I never expect to encounter so much drama. Well, life sure gets interesting when the personalities of 29 nine-year-old kids start to unfold before your eyes.

Since last month, I have been getting at least one complain each day about kids who have difficulty getting along with each other. I have also been comforting kids whose feelings got hurt by reckless words from inconsiderate classmates.

The homeroom teacher has many years of experience dealing with this sort of pre-teen dramas, so I often go to her for guidance on how to resolve this types of interpersonal relationship problems. I do hope that Allah SWT willin,g I will be more confident dealing with emotional needs of students as the days go by.

Labels: