Life's like that!

November 23, 2010

Japanese Song: Furusato (My Hometown)



Courtesy of my brother-in-law.

Usagi o-i-shi kano yama, (We used to chase wild hares in the mountain.)
Kobuna tsurishi kano kawa, (We used to fish in those rivers.)
Yume wa i-ma mo megurite, (The dream still appears even now.)
Wasure-gataki furusato. (The hometown we cannot forget.)

Ikani umasu chichi-haha, (How are you doing, Father and Mother?)
Tsutsuganashi ya tomogaki, (I hope you are well, my friends.)
Ame ni kaze ni tsuketemo, (In rain or wind,)
Omo-i-i-zuru furusato. (We still think of our hometown.)

Kokorozashi o hatashite, (After we finished what we went out to do.)
I-tsunohinika kar-e-an, (We would like to come back one day.)
Yama wa a-o-ki furusato, (The mountain is green in my hometown.)
Mizu wa kiyoki furusato. (The river is clear in my hometown.)

Labels: