Life's like that!

May 21, 2008

Me No Like Cold Dinner

My mother always tell us to eat food while hot, and she would scold me if I were to do other things and delay eating. Now that I am older and wiser, I thought about this a lot. Since the day we got married, I told husband that I would prefer him to put away his work (aka get away from the computer) and eat meals with me once the food is freshly prepared. Now and then he would get so engrossed in his work that he would just ignore me or tell me to go away. Several times I got so mad that I just refused to cook when he did this.

Like last night, specially prepared pan fried tuna, stir fried gai lan and tom yum soup with shrimp, bean sprout, kaffir lime leaves, bean curd and Chinese cabbage. I told him it was dinner time, and he looked at me and said "working time". I brought his dinner to his desk and shut the door. I just hate it when he does this. This morning I didn't even bother to prepare his lunch. We'll see if he shows any remorse for his behavior.