Life's like that!

June 27, 2008

Let's go to the Zoo!



Last Sunday husband, my sister, and I brought our three kids to the Fort Worth Zoo upon husband's suggestion. It took us 15 minutes to arrive at the zoo and we were there from 10am to noon. All of us took a 5 minute train ride which cost $2 per person. My daughter was in husband's arms the whole time and she really enjoyed her father's attention.

Although my daughter is too young to appreciate the wonderful experience of seeing the animals, my sister's kids were thrilled to see them. We decided to leave before it got too hot as the temperature was forecast to reach up to 96 degrees F.

I remember when we were young and our parents would bring us to the Singapore Zoological Gardens. My two brothers, sister and I even took a photo with the resident orangutan, Ah Meng. I even visited the zoo with my classmates for one of the field trips organized by my primary school teachers. I was sad to hear from my sister that Ah Meng passed away early this year. Allah SWT willing when my daughter is 2 and 1/2 years old, we'll sign up for membership so that we can bring her to visit the zoo several times each year.