Life's like that!

March 27, 2009

Quilt Blanket for Daughter

Last Saturday we were at the River Legacy Park the whole afternoon. I guess my allergies started with all the strong wind blowing flower pollen and grass all over the park. Sneezing plus itchy and dry eyes really irritated me and since then I have not stepped outside because of my allergies. Here's the pollen count reported on a local news web site.

Pollen Count from http://www.wfaa.com/weather/
Fungus: 1721 Moderate
Maple: 682 High
Oak: 93 High
Grass: 54 High
Pine: 38 Mod
Ash: 31 Mod
Mulberry: 16 Mod
Total: 2635

Updated:March 26, 2009


To make good use of my 'indoor' time, I took about 10 hours to hand sew this quilt blanket for daughter on Wednesday. As I have loaned my sewing machine to a friend but this did not deter me from hand quilting a blanket. Instead, I quite enjoy the slow process of seeing this quilt blanket being completed.



Here are the three main 5x5 square inches patterns for the quilt: Dark brown, cream floral and retro tree designs.

My design for this quilt blanket consisted of 5 rows across and 9 column horizontally.



I sewed five rows of squares together first.

Then I sewed the 9 columns together.


I found the pink floral fabric in my stash and cut out 5 inches across and the whole length of the 9 squares. For the border I used the cream floral fabric while a brick pattern fabric was used as the backing.
While I was sewing, daughter kept asking me what I was doing. I told her that I was sewing a blanket for her, and she kept saying 'Really? For me? Thank you, Ma Ma!' When she saw the finished product on Thursday morning, she was really happy that I made something for her. Since then she has been grabbing this blanket whenever she sleeps. All my love for her in every stitch.

Labels: ,