Life's like that!

March 20, 2009

Indian Dosai and Curry

On Wednesday I brought daughter to visit Sr. Norsofina. All praise be to Allah SWT she prepared Indian Dosai, a type of pancake, and vegetable curry for us and the food tasted sooooo good!

I have been dreaming of eating dosai since I left Singapore six years ago. Ever since a Malay colleague, Noor Hanifah, introduced me to the delicious Indian dosai shop nearby KK Hospital in 1997, I've been hooked on it.


A few months ago I brought a pre-packed dosai flour and tried to make it. However it was quite salty and didn't taste as good as I wish it to be.
I didn't know that in order for the dosai to be puffy and soft, the batter needs to be left overnight in a warm place to ferment. She was so kind to pack some for my husband and I had to suppress the urge to finish them before husband came home.
Thanks to Sr. Norsofina, my dream finally came true!

Labels: