Life's like that!

March 11, 2009

Finally! Easy Homemade Pizza!

I have tried a pizza dough recipe twice before and they didn't always turn out to be the way I want it to be - chewy, soft and flavorful.

All praise be to Allah SWT, I finally mastered the technique this morning and it tasted so good!

The recipe is simple - 2 cups flour, 1/4 teaspoon yeast, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 cup warm water.

Technique is also simple:
- mix all ingredients in a bowl, let rest overnight,
- turn it out on a lightly floured surface,
- fold the 4 sides, turn it over,
- cover with a damp cloth for 30 minutes
- flatten the dough to 1 inch thickness
- add toppings 1. tomato sauce 2. cheese 3. sliced tomato
- bake in preheated oven at 500 degree F for 20 minutes.

I packed half of it for husband to eat for lunch while daughter and I ate the other half for breakfast.

Delicious, chewy and soft homemade pizza for less than $3 to feed a family of three.

Labels: