Life's like that!

March 09, 2009

Survival of the Fittest Plants

Today is really cloudly, so I decided to put all the seedlings in the patio.

I have thought about growing seedlings indoor for as long as possible. But since they also need good air circulation and plenty of sunshine, I decided to move them all outdoors today. The pots with the tomato cages have beans, tomato and cucumber seedlings in them.

Some of the younger basil, tomato and hot pepper seedlings are kept in the covered cage for additional protection.

As a mother of one toddler, I feel myself growing over-protective over these seedlings. The thought of them fighting for survival outside kind of gets me worried.
What if the wind is too strong? What if birds come to pick at the seedlings? What is the grey squirrels come and eat the young plants? What if the sun is too hot?

I guess I'll just have to let nature takes its course and hope that Allah SWT willing they all survive well.

Labels: