Life's like that!

April 05, 2009

'I want to hold fish!'

Daughter is so excited about the new betta fish that she keeps yelling 'I want to hold fish!' all day. I keep explaining to her that we should just enjoy watching the fish swimming in the water. Now she looks forward to feeding the fish one pallet per day and laugh herself silly when the fish actually ate the pallet.

All living creatures need space to roam freely. Same goes for the betta fish that husband got for daughter. So last week I bought a 2.5 gallon fish tank as a new home for the fish.

To make the new and bigger living quarter more interesting for the fish to explore, I also bought a pound of blue aquarium gravel and silk plant. The little bottles sitting in the gravel used to store maple syrup. I cleaned them well and filled them with filter water. They look so cute in the fish tank and the fish keeps swimming around them.

I've also got really good tips on keeping the fish healthy and happy from these web sites:

Betta Fish Care http://care.betta-fish.com.ar/

How to Care for Your Betta Fish http://www.aquariumguys.com/betta-fish-care-article.html

Labels: