Life's like that!

March 30, 2009

Elmo Fish

Daughter has been bugging husband to get a fish like the one she sees in Elmo's World from Sesame Street.

Last Saturday they got a red betta fish at a local pet store.

4 years ago when I worked at Texas Tech University Libraries, I had a colleage whose periwinkle betta fish lived for almost 2 years. His secret was to feed the fish every three days with three or four pellets. He also used only filter water for the fish tank. I am so glad that I remember this tip from him.


Daughter has been asking to hold the fish, and I have to keep telling her that it has to stay in the fish tank. To ensure the survival of the fish, I have to make sure daughter doesn't climb in a chair to reach for the fish tank.
Well, there goes my restful afternoon nap time....

Labels: