Life's like that!

March 30, 2009

Homemade Compost Tea

Last week I watched a video on YouTube on how to make your own compost tea from scraps of veggies and used ground coffee beans.

Here is a week of scrap veggies that I've gathered: radish, carrot, potato and kale. It is not recommended to use fruit peels as it may attract animals and pests.

Add about a cup of hot water in the blender. Add all ingredients into it and puree.


Strain the puree and save the compost tea in a container. When cool, simply pour the tea into planters and flower pots!

The residue can be baked at 400 degree F for 15-20 minutes (to kill any harmful bacteria and fungus) and you can use it as a compost.


I don't think I'll do that because the smell can be quite compulsive to those with sensitive nose (like my husband). I guess I'll just toss the residue into my compost container.

Compost Tea (Organic Fertilizer) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CG6BJqnrek&feature=channel

Labels: