Life's like that!

June 05, 2009

Chinese Steamboat - Finally!

It has been soooo long since I have Chinese steamboat.

All praise be to Allah SWT I ordered a portabler burner from Amazon.com that arrived yesterday. I told husband that I ordered it to have Chinese steamboat for dinner today.

The ingredients that I prepared for tonight's dinner were really simple. I prepared beef stock this afternoon and we cooked the following ingredients in the soup:
- Napa cabbage
- Bean sprout
- Shitake mushroom
- Golden needle mushroom
- Tofu
- Parsley
- Thin rice noodle

For seasoning we had hot Thai chili mixed with fish sauce and lemon juice.

Husband and I took turns cooking the ingredients. While I was eating yummy veggies, he feed daughter so it took him longer to finish his dinner.

During dinner, I shared my steamboat experience with husband.

When I was grewing up in Singapore. eating hot steamboat outside a coffee shop on a cool breezy evening was one of the best experiences I have. We had our own soup scoops and we decided what we wanted to dip in the soup. Of course we had to following dining etiquette e.g. not fighting with chopsticks and cooking what we could eat only etc.

I am really looking forward to having Chinese steamboat with husband and daughter regularly!

Labels: