Life's like that!

June 04, 2009

To go or not to go.... that is no longer the question....

The annual American Library Association (ALA) conference is going to be held from July 9-15 in Chicago.

When I worked at TTU, I was sponsored to attend the 2005 conference in Chicago.

Husband had work at that time so he couldn't travel with me. All praise be to Allah SWT I did not have any trouble exploring the city of Chicago alone. I shared a hotel room with my ex-colleague, Minerva, and we had a wonderful time there.

I loved the dynamic, energetic and informative conference programs that I attended in 2005. Even though I am not a full-time librarian now, I still want to keep myself updated on the latest library trends.

When I saw the conference program on the ALA web site, I am soooooo tempted to go.

But with a daughter now, I don't think I can attend the conference this year. I am looking forward to future opportunities to attend it when daughter is older, Allah SWT willing.

Labels: