Life's like that!

July 16, 2009

Visit to ER

This morning while I was getting ready to go out with daughter, she accidentally bump her head on the door frame when she fell.

As she was crying unusually loud and seemed to be in genuine pain, I took a look at her head.

Apparently the fall was seriously enough to cause a 3 cm bump on her left forehead and soon a cut wound was bleeding. I immediately called husband at his workplace, told him about daughter's condition and asked him to come home immediately.

I then called the doctor's office to see if I should bring daughter to see her pediatrician or bring her to the hospital's ER department. The nurse asked me if the wound needs to be stitched and I told her it seemed to be so. Since they don't do stitches at the doctor's office, she advised me to bring daughter to the ER.

By the time husband came back, daughter has stopped crying. I put a gauze over the wound before we left.

All this time daughter was alert and calm, so we were not as worried. But we have read about people who experiencd sudden unconsciousness after getting head traumas, so we tried to keep daughter talking to us.

All praise be to Allah SWT the doctor said that the cut is superficial enough not to get stitches, and the bump will be gone in about two days. He told us to bring daughter back to the hospital immediately if she vomits, become unconscious or weak, or doesn't seem to be her usual lively self.

For the next two days we will have to keep daughter home for close observation. Allah SWT willing we hope that she will get better soon.

Labels: