Life's like that!

December 23, 2009

Recipe: Chinese Steamed Buns



This morning at 5am I decided to make Chinese steamed buns to satisfy my craving. I remember having a bag of prepacked steamed buns flour and used a filling recipe from the book 'Delicious Snacks & Dim Sum' by Agnes Chang. Thanks to my dear sister for giving me this wonderful book!

I mixed 1/2 cup (instead of 1 cup stated on the package) of sugar with 1 cup of fresh milk, then added the package of flour. Kneaded it for 20 minutes. Add 1 tbsp oil and kneaded for another 10 minutes. Let dough rested for 30 minutes.

Filling Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, diced finely
6 shitake mushrooms, diced finely

Seasoning:
1 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tbsp oil


Homemade buns just taste so gooooood!

Labels: