Life's like that!

August 06, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

Allah SWT willing I think I can get rid of the 10-pound baby fat by December.

I have been so busy at school that I am so glad I am wearing running shoes to work. Yesterday morning after the librarian gave a 30 minute library orientation and the school counselor gave a 40 minute workshop on how to refer students for counseling, teachers received their textbooks and supplies and started their classroom preparation. It is quite interesting to see teachers setting up their classrooms.

Here's what I did in a nutshell.

- Helped Sr. N. to look for textbooks that she had put into boxes at the end of last school year.
- Helped to compile a list of textbooks and workbooks that need to be ordered since we are going to have 30 students.
- Supervised a co-worker's child during lunch time while my co-worker run a quick errand.
- Verified my tuberculosis (TB) test results as this is required for all staff every year. Brought two new teachers along to show them the location of the clinic.
- Dropped off one of the teachers to get her background check done.
- Helped Sr. N. to rearrange wooden cabinets in the classroom so that the carpenter can fix them to the designated location.
- Added new teachers' email accounts to the teachers' yahoo group mailing list.

On Tuesday Sr. N. mentioned that she need to download a YouTube video and use it as part of her mini-workshop for teachers on how to incorporate hands-on learning in science for all science teacher. All praise be to Allah SWT yesterday I found a free software on Download.com that does just that. There is even a tutorial on YouTube on how to use the freeware YouTube Downloader 2.5.7 . Allah SWT willing I'll try it today and hopefully it'll work.

Labels: