Life's like that!

September 07, 2010

Eid Holiday

All praise be to Allah SWT this week we are having a one-week break from school due to the end of the month of fasting. Allah SWT willing we will be celebrating the Eid festival either on Thursday or Friday, depending when the new moon is sighted.

Although I have plans to visit friends during this week, the weather forecast does not seem to cooperate. It seems that there is a 60-80% chance of rain today and tomorrow, Allah SWT willing. I don't think I'll get out of the house when it rains, so I may end up staying home with the kids. Anyway, I'm glad to have the time to hang out with DD1 so that we color books, read and play together.

DD2 has been 'chatting' with husband and I starting a month ago. She looks quite focus whenever she 'converses' with us and we would be quiet and listen to her. I guess since I talk to DD1 all the time, DD2 picks up on how conversation is carried out between people. I think it makes her happy because after she finished her 'speech' she would have a big smile on her face. Hopefully DD2 will learn to speak some simple words by the time she turns two years old so that we can avoid the 'terrible twos'.

DD1 is already four months old, and soon she will be five, Allah SWT willing. When I think about how fast time flies, I start to feel sad. Our children will be with us for a short twenty-plus years, then they will spread their wings to find their path in this society. I am praying hard to Allah SWT that when they get married, they will live close to us. Now I can truly understand my mother's agony when I left Singapore eight years ago. I always thought that I would get married in Singapore and have my mother stay with my husband and me. But I don't regret that it didn't happen that way. I am thankful that my relationship with my mother has become better since I left home. My only regret is that my kids have not have the chance to get to know their maternal grandmother in person. Allah SWT willing I hope that I can bring them to visit her soon.

Labels: