Life's like that!

January 30, 2011

New Muslim Social Gathering

Yesterday, I attended a New Muslim Social Gathering event held at a nearby mosque.

All praise be to Allah SWT, about 10 to 15 new muslim sisters and brothers came. The rest of the remaining15-20 attendees were either guests or buddies for the new muslims.

I volunteered at the registration table for about 2 hours so that the other committee members could have their lunch since food was served at the event.

Come to think about it, when I just accepted Islam, my only guide was my younger brother who accepted Islam two years before I did. I thank Allah SWT for my brother's patience and support during those difficult times as a new muslim. Family objection and lack of external support since I didn't have many close friends at that time made me felt lonely and isolated. If it were not for my brother's constant encouragement, I don't know if I could hang on as long as I did.

As I gain more knowledge about Islam and how to incorporate Islamic practice in my daily live, I realized that I don't want my children to take their faith for granted. So when DD1 was born, I try to teach her good manners and encouraged husband to bring her to the mosque as often as he could. Nowadays he'll try to bring both DD1 and DD2 to the mosque whenever he is free.

Allah SWT willing we hope to raise our children to be good people and practicing Muslims.

Labels: