Life's like that!

February 22, 2011

Hua Mu Lan - Chinese Heroine

Last night, I watched the animated movie 'Mu Lan' on YouTube with DD1. When I was young, I learned about how Mu Lan fought in a war in China on behalf of her elderly father, and how her bravery and piety made her a good role model for many people. I thought now is a good time to start telling DD1 about good role models that she can learn from, so I let her watch the Disney version of this story.

As we were watching the movie, I explained to her the virtue of being obedient to parents and being responsible for one's action. All praise be to Allah SWT she enjoyed the movie very much. I hope that she learns about good virtues by watching movies that feature good role models, Allah SWT willing.

Here is Mulan II in Cantonese!


Labels: ,