Life's like that!

August 29, 2011

I'm a big girl now

Yesterday husband took DD1 and DD2 to attend the back-to-school meeting with DD1's teachers.

They visited her classroom and she was so excited to tell me about it when she got home. I am glad that one of my good friends at the school will be her homeroom teacher. Last school year, her own daughter was in my fourth grade class and got commended for writing in the state standardized test. We are so proud of her because she was not writing at her grade level at the beginning of the school year but through the hard work of the homeroom teacher and herself, she did a great job at the end of the school year.

I think it is important to trust your child's teachers to do the right thing in the classroom. But it is also important to pay attention to your own child's learning needs regularly, because it is just not easy for a professional educator to manage more than 15 kids' academic performance on  his/her own. Allah SWT willing I hope that DD1 will have great school year ahead.

Labels: