Life's like that!

June 15, 2013

My secret counselor

When I decided to take on the responsibility of teaching, I told my dear twin sister that I would count on her as my counselor and adviser.  I am very blessed to have her stay by the phone every time I needed her honest and blunt feedback on how I should balance work and home.

I don't think that I survive my first year of teaching this well if it had not been for her. She helped me to clarify my thoughts, reinforce my self-confidence, and supported me emotionally to carry on till the last day of school.

So, this summer, I will honor my dear sister by spending quality time with my children. I am trying to work out a plan to get husband to bring us to visit her and her family in Ohio. Allah SWT willing, I would love to enjoy her children's company and dig into her garden!

Labels: