Life's like that!

July 22, 2008

Visit an old pal in Chaska, MN

This evening, my dear sister drove us to my secondary classmate, H's house in Chaska, Minnesota. We actually called H several days before we decided to drive across eastern USA, and told him that we would like to visit him. Yesterday before we left Wisconsin, he invited us to visit his house and so we went. We left the Minnesota Children's Museum in St. Paul at around 5pm and had dinner at the Whole Foods Market in Minneapolis. We then reached his place at around 7:15pm.

The weather at his place was cool and it was really nice of H and his wife to prepare BBQ chicken, salad and drinks for us. H is as usual, polite, funny and generous. My sister and I had an enjoyable time getting to know H's wife better (since we've never meet her) and getting updates about H. while she was eating and I watched over the kids having fun climbing up the hill behind the house.

DD1 and my niece even saw three thumb-size frogs hopping across the pavement to a bush next to H's house.

Niece: Where is the frog's house?"
Me: The house is in the bush...
Me: Don't touch the frogs in case you accidently squash them...
(actually I'm more afraid of the frogs hopping towards me when they panic).

All praise be to Allah SWT, I have been looking forward to visiting H and his wife for three years, and only this time it's because of my sister that this trip is made possible.

Allah SWT willing I hope that we'll get to visit H and his wife in the near future again.

Labels: