Life's like that!

December 20, 2008

Calamondin Orange

This afternoon, after husband and daughter cycled at the River Legacy Park in Arlington, we drove to the Doan Nursery Inc. in Irving, Texas to look at some plants.

The Kaffir Lime trees that were on sale were about 4 meters tall, and each costs $50. Instead of getting one, we bought a calamondin orange plant which costs $35.

I remember seeing this type of plant, a miniature orange plant, at my grandmother's house in Kallang Airport in Singapore. So it brought back memories of my childhood days at my grandmother's house.

Daughter was pestering husband to feed her one of these small oranges when she saw the plant, but the fruit was kind of bitter and tardy. It was funny to see her sour-looking face when she tasted the fruit :)

Tonight's temperature is going to drop down to the 20s degree F, so I brought the plant inside the apartment. When Chinese New Year is around the corner, I plan to decorate this plant with Chinese paper cutting designs, Allah SWT willing.

Labels: