Life's like that!

May 21, 2009

Domestic Abuse

There is a women's shelter in Fort Worth that I am thinking of going there to volunteer.

While I do not personally know anyone who has been abused in a relationship, I have read about it and watched it on talk shows like Oprah and Dr. Phil.

My mother always remind me that if I were to let a man hit me once, then he will continue to do so. No matter what the man might say, this pattern of behavior will not stop. All praise be to Allah SWT I always remember her words of wisdom.

Here is a checklist to find out if a person is in an abusive relationship.

Are you Being Abused?

Does the person you love...
  • Threaten to hurt you or your children? Yes No

  • Say it's your fault if he or she hits you, then promises it won't happen again (but it does)? Yes No

  • Put you down in public or keep you from contacting family or friends? Yes No

  • Throw you down, push, hit, choke, kick, or slap you? Yes No

  • Force you to have sex when you don't want to? Yes No
  • Labels: