Life's like that!

June 19, 2009

Living a Simple Life

Husband and I have one common interest - not buying anything that we don't need.

While reading the blog Our Compact Life about a couple's one year journey of cutting down on unnecessary shopping, it reminded me of our spending habit.

Recently I have been buying used board games and books for daughter and I am constantly amazed at many cheap and fantastic finds at the Texas Thrift Store and Goodwill Store.

All praise be to Allah SWT I am thankful that husband and I think alike in terms of spending money wisely. We do not hesitate when it comes to spending money on healthy and nutritious food for our family, but will think many times over about spending on clothes, gadgets and big ticket items.

Allah SWT willing we hope daughter will practice good money management skills when she is older.

Labels: