Life's like that!

June 09, 2009

OrgraN Gourmet Natural Vegetable Rice Pasta + Organic Soy Bean

After suffering from seasonal allergies since I came to the US, I have been reading about ways to relieve allergies symptoms the organic way.

I have to admit that I have been eating lots of wheat product e.g. cakes, brownies, cookies, pasta etc, more than what I would normally consume in Singapore.

Recently I did some serious thinking about my past diet and the type of food that I grew up eating, and realized that I should return to a rice-based diet instead of sticking to a wheat-based one.

So last week after reading some online reviews about rice pasta, I ordered a box of OrgraN Gourmet Natural Vegetable Rice Pasta from Amazon.com.

All praise be to Allah SWT it arrived pretty quickly.


This product is:
- gluten free
- wheat free
- dairy free
- egg free
- yeast free
- GMO free
- easy to digest
- suitable for vegans
- made of brown rice (94.3%), spinach, beetroot (5.7%)

This morning I cooked a bag of vegetable rice pasta for breakfast and husband's lunch. The rice pasta shape held up well after cooking.

Then I stir fried the cooked pasta with onion, golden needle mushroom and red bell pepper. I seasoned the dish with soy sauce, sesame oil and Worcestershire sauce. For garnish I added some fried shallots. After stir frying, the rice pasta did not get mushy and the dish tasted quite good!



On a different note...

Since I am also making homemade soy milk, I ordered organic soy beans from The Chambers Farms located in Iowa, USA.

Allah SWT willing I am going to purchase more rice and beans products for my family.

Labels: ,