Life's like that!

June 06, 2009

Marigold, Eggplant and Cherry Tomato

The eggplant seedlings took 5 days to sprout from seed. All praise be to Allah SWT they are growing well for now. I will probably transplant them into bigger pots two weeks later.

Top: Bell Pepper seedlings; Bottom: Eggplant seedlings

I went to the Bedford Farmer's Market this morning and bought two tall cherry tomato plants ($3.50 each) at half price! The marigold plants that I grew from seed are not doing well, so I decided to buy two plants ($0.70 each) at the farmer's market.

Then I went to the nearby Ace Hardware store to get 1 cubic feet bag of garden soil ($4 each) and two large pots. I transplanted the tomato plants after I watered them thoroughly. Allah SWT willing tomorrow I will add some liquid fertilizer when I water them.

Left: Marigold; Right: Tall Cherry Tomato Plants

Hot pepper plants are flowering now. We planted more hot pepper plants this year to freeze the excess for winter.

Temperature for this week is going to be in the upper 90s degree F (upper 30s degree C).

Allah SWT willing I'll have to water the plants every morning.

Labels: