Life's like that!

June 10, 2009

How to make a Kite

Husband took daughter to the park last weekend to fly a kite. When he came home he told me that the strong wind blew the kite away before he had a chance to catch it.

Since he is hands-on person, I asked him to make a kite for me.

I then went online to find videos and web sites that provide step-by-step instructions on making a kite. Here is a really easy to follow instructional video on YouTube.



Photo source: http://www.stormthecastle.com/how-to-make-a/kite/make-a-traditional-kite.htm


I also found a book (on one of my bookshelves) that I bought at last year's Euless Public Library book sale: Dynamite Kites: 30 plans to build and fly. This book has a range of simple to complex designed kites and I am fascinated by the delicate designs and measurements to make the kites fly.



This morning I went to the nearby craft store 'Joanne' to buy some long sticks for husband. Allah SWT willing I will wait patient for husband to make a new kite for us!

Labels: