Life's like that!

June 13, 2010

Cooking with Love

My mother used to say that a good meal can only be created when she was in a good mood. She tried to explain to me how her mood affected her cooking, but I never did understand that until I started to cook after I got married.

I did notice that when I was in a good mood, husband seemed to enjoy my cooking more. At times when I was tired or not in the mood for cooking, the dishes either were too salty or too spicy.

Tonight husband grilled t-bone steaks, tomatoes and bell peppers for us. All praise be to Allah SWT this delicious meal cost under $10. I guess husband 'cooked' so well was due to the fact that he took a four-hour nap after brunch (he was up last night to take care of DD2) while I took DD1 grocery shopping. I have to say that husband cooks better when he is in a good mood or well rested.

Allah SWT willing I will pass on this wisdom to my daughters as they grow up and hopefully they will remember this when they prepare meals for their husbands and children.

Labels: