Life's like that!

July 12, 2011

What do we fall back on during hard times?

Now that we are waiting for baby #3 to arrive, we are living on a shoestring budget to pay for my hospital expenses.

Since I'll only be able to return to work in October, we have to be careful about our living expenses. I told husband that we don't have anything else to fall back on, except Allah SWT's provision.

And this is exactly what many religious people, (Buddhist, Taoist, Christians or others) do during hardship. I sincerely believe that there is no dead end in life if one is willing to go above and beyond to provide for his/her family. There is no time to feel depressed or sorry, only to find any type of decent work and work harder. My mother is an excellent example. Without a formal education, she is able to keep a job, raise four kids and pay off her apartment flat in Singapore before the age of retirement.

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Labels: