Life's like that!

September 21, 2011

Reading Log

I have been reading with DD1 every night since her homeroom teacher assigned a reading log to her.

Honestly, I am glad that she has one so that I can push myself to read a book with her for at least 15 minutes every day. She loves it when we read together, and always look forward to her bedtime stories. Since Monday, I take a video of her reading easy rhyming books after she practiced reading at least three or four times by herself. Then we would watch the video and she is always excited to see herself reading.

Sometimes after reading a book, we would take turns making up stories with the characters from the story books e.g. Goldilock, Little Bo Beep, Cinderella etc. I hope that this will help to stretch her imagination and get her to think outside the box.

Allah SWT willing, I am going to borrow ideas from the book 'Story s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-r-s: activities to expand children's favorite stories' to plan some book related activities with DD1 on the weekends.

Labels: