Life's like that!

June 21, 2013

To The Playmobil!


My first memory of sharing a play set with my siblings is the vintage collection of dashing medieval knights from Playmobil.  The above set titled "Playmobil Vintage Knight Special Deluxe Set (1303)" is the exact set that I remember from my childhood and I found it on Amazon. (No, my dear twin sister, I am not crazy enough to spent a hefty $150 for it! And thanks for always snatching my favorite handsome knight away from me!)

Back in the late 1970s, my parents bought this set for the four of us to share. The main reason that I really liked this play set is because all the knights got to sit on the same table and have meals together, which kind of mirrored our family tradition of eating together at the same table. The guys seemed to have a real sense of comradeship and enjoyed each other's company. After a hard day of jousting and fighting off enemies, the best time of the evening is to have some "imaginary" hot stew and drinks with your pals before bedtime!

I don't remember whether my parents gave this toy set away or we lost them when we moved, but I plan to get a similar set and create some medieval memories with my own kids during this summer. This time, Dora the Explorer and Lego figures can join in the fun!

Playmobil Trivia: The largest Playmobil® display consists of 68,808 figurines and was achieved by Aesclick, The Spanish Association of collectibles of Playmobil (Spain), in Barbastro, Spain on 26 September 2010.

Labels: