Life's like that!

February 25, 2009

Techno Fatigue

Since I switch to working part-time this school year, I have been getting 'techno fatigue' quite frequently. Basically I just want to get away from computers, digital camera, cell phone and even line phone as much as possible. Sometimes I can totally not touch the computer for as long as a week. I have been keeping myself busy with reading, card making, sewing, cooking, baking and gardening and it didn't bother me that I have not touch the computer throughout the day. In fact I enjoy letting my creativity energy flow through paper, fabric, flour, and soil.

I don't really know why I can getting this techno fatigue, and I am amazed that I have it. When I was a full-time librarian, it would bother me if I did not work on the computer or handle a digital camera any given day. Could it be that this techno fatigue is due to over handling of IT?

If anything goes, I think this is the right direction towards going back to basics. The basic joy of using my hands - to create beautiful work of art, to cook delicious food to eat, or to enjoy wonderful scent of the plants- and feeling the satisfaction of doing just that.

I think I am quite happy that I have the techno fatigue now.

Labels: