Life's like that!

August 07, 2008

Thank God for My Sister

(Photo taken at the Indiana Children's Museum)

Nowadays my sister and I spend time watching well-written Korean and Taiwanese dramas on the internet, such as Gourmet (Korean), Fated to Love You (Taiwanese), When It's At Night (Korean), Sweet 18 or The Little Bride (Korean) and also get some of our favorite English movies and watch them together. Some of the English movies include The Lake House, The Notebook and The Wedding Singer.


It has been a blessing for me to be able to spend time with my sister this summer. We talked a lot about our habits and hobbies, and got to knew each other better when we had disagreements. I remember when we were in secondary school, I used to think of her as a nerd since she's always better than me in academics and I dislike hanging out with her because of her "nerdiness". What I didn't know is that she is a generous, loving and forgiving person since those days. Somehow I feel that our family situation during that time did not help to bond us with our siblings. I was busy trying to escape from the happiness at home and thinking that I was such as loner in this world. I wonder how much it would have been better if I had seek comfort in my sister's company. Well I'm glad that in our case, its "better late than never", and I thank Allah SWT for giving me this opportunity to know a wonderful person like my sister while I have the time.