Life's like that!

January 12, 2009

Singapura, oh Singapura, Sunny island set in the sea...

My dear sister brought three Singapore souvenirs, a Merlion figurine and two shot glasses with Singapore landmarks, for daughter when she visited us in May 2008.

The Merlion figurine has an on-off switch to play the song 'Singapura' sung by a male singer with quite a good voice. Recently daughter wants to keep playing the song and dance to the melody.

Whenever I hear this song, it really brings back memories of my secondary school choir. I remember Miss Lee, the Music Teacher who taught us in Secondary 1 and 2. Although she was always very strict and stern with us, she played the piano really well and I enjoyed her lessons very much.

Singapura - A Children's Song

Singapura, oh, Singapura, Sunny island sets in the sea.
Singapura, oh, Singapura, Pretty flowers bloom for you and me.

Come along join the song in merry singing,
Blend our voices, Join in the chorus.

Singapura, oh Singapura, Pretty flowers bloom for you and me.