Life's like that!

January 11, 2009

Homemade Bread is the Best!

After reading an article on ApartmentTherapy.com about why it is more eco-friendly to bake our own bread than buying from the store, I became motivated to bake bread at home.

So I took out our bread machine Breadman TR555LC that we bought 4 years ago. I used to make bread dough with the machine and hand shaped them into bread sticks /pretzel before baking them in the oven. When husband started to gobble down all the baked goodies at one sitting, I stopped baking bread to cut down on his carb intake.

I went online to find good bread machine recipes and stumbled upon this web site about making the best pizza http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm . I consider myself having a passion for baking and cooking tasty and nutritious food, but this guy is really something. He really took a lot of time to investigate which cheese, tomato and flour to make the best pizza. Of course he got to enjoy all his creation resting in his stomach after putting in so much effort into it.

Well, I am going to try to bake bread at home from now onwards, Allah SWT willing. Instead of baking all of the dough at one time, I intend to divide it into portions and bake one or two batches at a time. Homemade bread - here we come!