Life's like that!

January 11, 2009

Planning for daughter's education

I have been thinking about going back to work, but right now I am just so comfortable with my lifestyle as a stay-at-home-mom and substitute teacher.

I kind of miss my days at the Texas Tech University as a librarian, where I really enjoyed my work and opportunities for professional development. Right now there is an opening for a Science and Engineering Librarian at the University of Texas at Arlington. I am really tempted to apply for the job but hesitate when I think about the long hours I will be putting in for this job.

I realized that when I work full-time outside home, I tend to throw my whole body and mind into the job as I am such a workaholic. Right now I am throwing my whole body, mind and soul into educating and bringing up my daughter, and I am really enjoying it. But the risk of a single-income family is always hanging on my mind. Also the rising cost of higher level education for daughter is also something that keeps my awake at night.

Husband always reminds me to have faith in Allah SWT and that everything that we need will be provided as long as we work hard. I am praying hard that daughter will score As, under my supervision Allah SWT willing, for all subjects to get full college scholarships for her education.